Literatureworks is excited to start a new and innovative story exchange project between the Mayfair Convent primary school in Johannesburg and primary school De Wielewaal in Schagen – The Netherlands.
Thanks to funding from the Dutch school and the cooperation of teacher and staff from the Joburg school 63 Grade 7 learners from Johannesburg, will receive input via what’s app and have the opportunity to write a story using the story creating tool Dala Indaba.
The 10 best stories will be send to the Dutch school.
If you are interested in the project, please send me an email us
With the BOOKBAG project Literatureworks aims to deliver specific books personally to readers’ homes.
Good quality second hand books can be donated after which we will sort them and make sure they find a new home in which the books can bring new joy.
The bags will be specifically filled with books for boys and girls separately and age appropriate.
We ask the public to especially give us the following books as they are widely loved and are known for their success of bringing joy.
Specific books to look out for:
- All books by Roald Dahl and dr. Seuss.
- All picture books by Julia Donaldson and all pull out and slide books from First series from Campbell.
- The go-away bird, Picture book by Julia Donaldson& Rayner
- African wildlife Alphabet and Number book by David du Plessis
- Animal 123 by Johnny Lamberts
- Counting Dinosaurs by Priddy books
- The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Just so stories by Rudyard Kipling, retold by Elli Woollard and illustrated by Marta Altes
For donation of books please send me an email us